Wednesday 15 April 2015

Day 15


After removing the stitches, I only used the ice pack once or twice. I also stopped applying the ointment 1 week after removing the stitches, as instructed by Dr Andrew Tay.

I just realised the bruising is mostly gone too!

Personally, I feel that my eyelids are still on the high side. Seems unnatural to me. But I don't know what a stranger who's seen me for the first time might think.

Despite choosing parallel lids, they seem to still be tapered. I don't really mind because at least it looks good, and it's possibly still swollen so the final results cannot be seen yet.

Some days, I look in the mirror and think to myself, this is not how I'm supposed to look like. Some days, I miss my monolids (WITH eyeliner, I could never stand them bare). It's not exactly the fault of my double eyelids but more that I am questioning my other facial features. I am now starting to find fault with other areas of my face, and feeling disappointed that after 1 surgery, I am still not the 'pretty' I wanted to be.

But, I am satisfied that I can leave my house, and to crowded spaces with NO eye make-up at all and feel that I look good enough :) This is a first for me. Back when I had monolids, and went out bare, I'd cringe when I caught sight of myself in a mirror.

I do feel prettier, I do believe I am prettier post-surgery. But just not pretty enough (in terms of my other features, I need sharper nose bridge, my eyes should be closer together, my face should be smaller, my complexion is horrible, etc).

I have STILL yet to apply make-up on my eye nor touch my eyelid with my bare fingers. I still feel squeamish. I don't know how some girls manage to do it after 2 weeks!

Oh yes, one more brilliant thing I adore post-surgery is how my eyelashes are sticking outwards!!! (They use to point straight downwards) I hope that this is not a side effect of still-swollen lids and I hope they permanently stay this way. I am dying to apply mascara and curl them upwards but as I'm still afraid of touching my lids, I do not want to deal with having to scrub the mascara off my eyelids.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have been looking around for my reviews on dr Andrew. Can I know if the 1 hours surgery you wrote inclusive of the 20 mins measuring of height? Super scary! And did you ask your parents consent before gg thru this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Nope, the 1 hour is not inclusive of 20 mins. If you are concerned about how long my entire appointment was, I reached the clinic at 2:45pm and left at 6pm.

      I was very nervous before the surgery too but the sedative makes you feel calm. The doctor is also very nice, so you will feel calm just by talking to him.

      Yes, even though I don't need parental consent, I still spoke to my family members about it, just to "warn" them and make sure no one strongly objected. At first, my mum nagged that it wasn't safe but I assured her I was going to a plastic surgeon who used to work in a local hospital then she was okay with it. The girls in my family all have double eyelids so I bet no one could scold me for wanting to have it.

      Delete